Thursday, September 20, 2012

Windows 8 - my first incomplete feedback

A few weeks ago I bought a new desktop PC, a powerful one: CyberPowerPC. For a new computer I decided to install a new operating system. This is where DreamSpark for Academic Institutions (formerly MSDN Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) comes in handy.


I partitioned my hard drive, 'cause my PC came loaded with Windows 7 Home Edition. Downloaded and installed. Well, my first impression was that I have A Nokia Lumia on steroids!!! And I'm definitely not a Lumia fan. Everything is soooo integrated and synced. Your address book, SkyDrive data, photos, and even data within third-party applications can sync up to the cloud, and you can access them on any Windows 8 device. The address book also syncs with other services like Facebook and Twitter as well.  Too much, I would say.  But this new Windows  looks completely different from what Microsoft users are used to. It runs pretty smooth, I have to admit it! I just installed the new OS from Microsoft yesterday night and it was very late, so I didn't get a chance to play with it. 
But I will do it, and maybe I'll come back with some feedback. Here is a screenshot from snapfiles.com(like I told you, too much integration for my taste, so a screenshot of my screen it's a lil' bit too personal)



2 comments:

americandream said...

Asa arata noul desktop de la windows? De mult nu m-am mai jucat cu unul, dar asta arata cel putin intersant. Daca mai descoperi si alte lucruri interesante ar fi frumos sa ne le imparasesti!

Diana said...

Windows 8 e interesant, si diferit de ce au oferit pana acum! Sa vedem ce mai apare nou, si o sa încerc sa fiu pe faza! :)